Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Favorite Workouts for Spring

Over the last month, I've really started to notice that sitting all day in class and at home studying is starting to show in how my back and legs feel. It's become clear that I'm going to have to step it up and do more walking, stretching, and exercising this month! Here are five of my favorite workouts that I've found lately. 

The Ultimate 30-Minute Cardio Pilates Workout!

This workout is a doozy! It makes your arms, legs, and abs burn and gets your heart rate up. My goal for the month is to make it through whole the workout. Right now, I do well until the last ten minutes and then I turn to jello! This is perfect for when you want to work everything, but don't want to spend forever or do a bunch of different workouts to get it done.

The last couple weeks I've had issues with one of my legs going numb from sciatic entrapment. This video is short but seems to be helping loosen my tight muscles and relieve the pressure on that nerve.

4 Back-Strengthening Moves | The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles

Last week in my classes we learned about transfers and about the kinesiology of our back muscles. I never realized before how important it is to protect our backs from injury! Little back strengthening workouts like this one, along with using good body mechanics, can help keep you and your back happy and healthy.

Yoga for Women - Yoga For Cramps and PMS

Love my Yoba with Adriene! We all need this sometimes.

Little Black Dress Boot Camp - Total Body Sculpting Workout

I haven't tried this workout yet, but I tried a fitness blender workout this week and love it! The videos are very straight-forward and tell you at the beginning how many exercises you'll be doing, how long you'll be doing them, and how many rounds. You will need your own music though since there's none in the video. I've been in a dresses and skirts mood, so I thought this workout would be perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I will try them all- no cheating ;)
    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations - I need to start adding videos into my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth,

    I work for the company that produces Mutual of Omaha’s Aha Moment campaign; check out www.mutualofomaha.com/aha to see what an aha moment is and the incredible stories we’ve filmed over the last several years. As I came across your website, I couldn’t help but think that you might have an aha moment to share.

    For the 6th year, we’re taking our 34-foot Airstream mobile film studio on the road again for the 2015 Aha Moment Tour, visiting 20 cities across America to capture inspirational, life-changing aha moments from folks all over the country. We are headed to Jackson, MS on May 18th and 19th and would love to invite you to share an aha moment, and how your life has changed since. It can be about your work, your family or other life experiences. You would just have to step into the Airstream studio for a few minutes and tell your story on film to our tour producer Jessica Henry. Your video will then be posted to www.mutualofomaha.com/aha, where you will be able to share it with your friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter!

    On May 18th and 19th from 10am to 6pm, we will be parked at the Highland Village, at 4500 Interstate 55 North (in the SW corner of the parking lot, under the billboard), Jackson, MS 39211. Here is a map link to the location: https://goo.gl/maps/Q7wyb

    We’d love to have you. Let me know as soon as possible and I can reserve your time slot.

    Many thanks!

    Olivia Lasky
    tour@ahamoment.com

    Follow the Tour:
    twitter.com/myahamoment
    facebook.com/myahamoment
    instagram.com/myahamoment
    youtube.com/myahamoment
    --
    ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...