Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Review of The Party Dress: How to Sew the Best Dress in the Room

Although I wasn't looking to find this book, when I walked by the stand of new books at the public library (one of my favorite places), the cover of this book instantly caught my eye.

The Party Dress Book: How to Sew the Best Dress in the Room by Mary Adams contains sections detailing Mary Adams' career as a designer, being inspired by colors, sewing techniques, and a final section on how to sew your own party dress.  The book also includes a pattern which I was unable to view in this copy.

If you are looking for inspirations on creating dresses that stand out from any other dresses you might see on others, then this book could be what you are looking for.  Especially if you like lots of ruffles and fun colors.

I, personally, don't think that my sewing skills are quite up to creating dresses as beautiful as the dresses shown in the book.  However, I would love to learn to make dresses like those.  So, I've now added the book to my already impossibly long wish list.  Some other books about more basic sewing will probably come before I purchase this one, but then again, I may get it just to look at the inspiring pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...